After a fall that asked so much of us and our students, the holidays are your time to pause and take a deep breath. Self-care is important year round, but this holiday season it's particularly important to recharge your battery.
Jump start your recharge by watching our final self-care focused Mindfulness Session of 2020 and creating your own self-care plan!
Develop a Self-Care Plan for the Holidays
- Physical: Improving my body in healthy ways. Physical exercise at home, preparing a healthy meal, extra sleep. Healthy Holiday & Occasion Recipes
- Social: What I do with others and the world around me. Having virtual dinner with friends and making time for your family. 5 Ways to Connect Virtually with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Emotional: Dealing with my feelings in healthy ways. Connecting with a therapist via telehealth, journal writing, listening to music. 30 Journaling Prompts for Self-Reflection and Self-Discovery
- Cognitive: Improving my mind and understanding myself better. Vision-setting, reading a professional or personal development book, getting creative. The Top 20 Professional Development Books for Educators
- Practical: Tasks you complete that fulfill various aspects of your life. Taking care of your home, budgeting, online holiday shopping.
- Spiritual: The things I do to gain perspective on life. Practicing meditation or yoga. Mindfulness for Educators: A Guide to Practicing and Facilitating Mindfulness
For self-care resources related specifically to COVID-19, check out this list.
Plus, find more self-care resources in our Comprehensive Guide to Adult SEL.