On Friday, March 11, thousands of teachers, students, parents, researchers, school districts, and organizations are uniting to celebrate the third-annual International SEL Day.
International SEL Day is an opportunity to celebrate the important role that social-emotional learning plays in schools and communities. This year’s theme is “Finding Common Ground, Pursuing Common Good,” putting a focus on partnering with community members to grow SEL practices.
Research shows that social-emotional learning (SEL) improves well-being, increases academic outcomes, and provides youth with the necessary tools to excel in college, career, and life. Districts across the country have experienced the power of SEL-driven learning to positively impact student achievement, behavior, attendance, and school climate.
To celebrate International SEL Day, the Panorama team curated a list of our most popular SEL resources. From stories on how social-emotional learning is making an impact in schools to grab-and-go resources for supporting SEL, we hope you’ll find insights and tools that you can take back to your district or community today.
- Blog Post: Teachers Are Burnt Out. District Leaders Can Help.
- Blog Post: Building Teacher Capacity for SEL: 7 Practical Strategies for District Leaders
- Certificate Course: Building Capacity for Adult SEL
- Download: Panorama's Adult SEL Toolkit for 2021-22
PRACTICAL SEL STRATEGIES
- Blog Post: 5 Social-Emotional Learning Activities for High School
- Blog Post: 101 Inclusive Get-to-Know-You Questions for Students
- Certificate Course: The Thriving Schools Virtual Summit Experience
- Download: Small Group SEL Facilitation Guides
BEHAVIOR AND SEL
- Blog Post: Student-Teacher Relationships Matter: 4 Strategies for Building a Positive School Climate
- Blog Post: From “Tough Love” to “Love Tough”: How El Paso ISD Took a Relational Approach to Behavior and Saw a 25% Sustained Reduction in Referrals
- Blog Post: The 6 Qualities of a Remarkable PBIS: What We Can Learn from West-Allis West Milwaukee School District
- Download: PBIS Team Toolkit
BUILDING SEL PARTNERSHIPS WITH FAMILIES
- Blog Post: 6 Strategies to Increase Parent Engagement in Social-Emotional Learning
- Blog Post: Get to Know SEL: A Simple Guide to Self-Awareness
- Download: How to Engage Families in SEL [Templates & Protocols]
- Download: Panorama Family-School Relationships Survey
SEL IN ACTION
- Blog Post: The Dream Team Program That Increased the Promotion Rate to 10th Grade at D.C.’s Anacostia High
- Blog Post: How Round Lake Area Schools Helped 300 More Students Feel Connected to Their Teachers
- Blog Post: Care and Connection at Bridgeport Public Schools: Implementing a District-wide Approach to SEL in Partnership with Panorama