Today marks a monumental day in the world of education, with hundreds of school districts, teachers, students, parents, researchers, and organizations uniting to celebrate the first-annual International SEL Day.
International SEL Day is an opportunity to spread the word about the importance of social-emotional learning—which is more important now than it has ever been, both for students and the adults who care for them.
Research shows that social-emotional learning improves well-being, increases academic outcomes, and provides our youth with the necessary tools to excel in college, career, and life. Districts across the country are experiencing the power of SEL-driven learning to positively impact student achievement, behavior, attendance, and school climate.
To celebrate the inaugural International SEL Day, our team curated our most popular SEL content and resources. From stories on how social-emotional learning is making an impact in schools, to grab-and-go resources for supporting SEL, we hope you’ll find insights and tools that you can take back to your district or community today.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Adult SEL
- Adult SEL Toolkit
- How to Lead Adult SEL in School Districts: 4 Experts Share Best Practices and Tips
HIRING FOR SEL
- 5 Social-Emotional Learning Jobs Your District Needs to Hire for This Year
- 5 Ready-to-Use SEL Job Descriptions
RESEARCH ON SEL
- Research Brief: What New Research Tells Us About SEL and the ABCs of Student Success
- Are Stronger SEL Skills Linked to Better Attendance, Behavior, and Grades?
- Unpacking the Connections Between SEL and Attendance
- Reducing Behavior Incidents in Schools: What Can SEL Tell Us?
- SEL As a Remedy for Course Failures? What You Need to Know
- What If Students Have More Confidence in Their Growth Mindset Than Their Teachers?
- What 12k Students Tell Us About Equity in Education
SEL IN ACTION
- A Unified Vision for College & Career Readiness: Social-Emotional Learning in Racine Unified School District
- How DC Public Schools Uses Panorama to Track SEL Goals & Build a Culture of Love
- How Johnston County Public Schools Uses Panorama to Support Students’ SEL Through Tiered Interventions
- How CASEL Partner Districts Use Social-Emotional Learning Measurement
- How SEL Can Promote Hard Conversations About Mental Health: Olathe Public Schools
- How One High School in Indiana Uses SEL to Unlock Academic Growth
- Promoting Whole Student Supports in the Hawaii Department of Education
- Scaling Social-Emotional Learning in Fresno Unified
- Panorama Social-Emotional Learning Survey
- Panorama Equity and Inclusion Survey
- Panorama Family-School Relationships Survey
- 5 Strategies to Build Buy-in for Social-Emotional Learning Assessments
- A 4-Step Protocol for Using SEL to Support Individual Students
- Using SEL Data to Guide Small Group Supports
- How School Districts Measure SEL to Support the Whole Child
- How to Embed Social-Emotional Learning Data into MTSS
- How to Integrate SEL and PBIS
- How to Share SEL Data with Students